Head of Department: Mrs Bola
Teachers: Mrs Eden, Mrs Williams
Departmental Aims and Objectives
The Religious Studies Department is working specifically towards the following Aims and Objectives in accordance with the aims of both the school and Religious Education nationally:
- For students to acquire and develop both knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other principal religions.
- To develop students understanding and appreciation of the influence of beliefs, values and traditions on individuals, communities and societies.
- To encourage students to reflect upon a variety of responses made by religious traditions to moral and religious issues and to develop the ability of students to make reasoned and informed judgements about such issues.
- To foster the spiritual development of students and the consideration of alternative value systems.
- To develop within students a positive attitude towards other people, respecting and appreciating their beliefs and values as members of a pluralistic society.